Monday, June 29, 2009

Hello from Malawi Monday June 29th 6:00am

Sorry for not updating the blog yesterday. We arrived in Malawi Sunday at around 2pm. We had a very busy day and I could not get connected to the Internet. We received a warm welcome from the Spencer's. (all 10 of them) At the airport they had a huge banner hanging from the balcony welcoming us to Malawi. I will post a picture later today. We immediately felt welcome.

The ride from the airport to the African Bible College took us through some very poor areas of Malawi. It was a little overwhelming. We saw men on the side of the road selling mice on a stick. Yes...I said Mice on a stick. Evidently it is very popular here in Malawi.

Immediately after we arrived at the African Bible College we started preparing for the week. We had some time to visit with our host the Spencer's in the evening. We were very tired last night and everyone got a good night sleep.

It is 1:00pm in Malawi right now. We just completed our first day of VBS and it was a great success. The entire team did a great job and the kids had a lot of fun and the weather has been great. We are about to have lunch with the Spencer's and then we are heading into the local village.

I will update the blog with some pictures later today when we get back from the Village.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you Brian! Bo

Anonymous said...

Are you able to sleep? How is the food? I can't wait to hear about it. Take lots of pictures!!!!!!
Rip

Anonymous said...

Brian,

Thanks very much for the update. Can't wait to see the pics.

Steve

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you all are safely in Malawi and working with the kids. It's a shock when you see the conditions people live in outside the U.S., I experienced that in Honduras and it's probably worse in Malawi. Praying for you all, God bless!

Keith

Unknown said...

We are praying for the team! Has Pastor Mark tried the "mice-on-a-stick"??

Anonymous said...

My heart goes out to the group for being so BOLD in the giving of yourselves to offer the Light of Christ to others. I know God truly will Bless you for your unselfishness in the giving of your time and labor. You will constantly be in my prayers. Having been in Africa myself, I know what a shock it is first hand, but then you move on to the work that you have set before you.

Anonymous said...

May God bless your efforts tenfold and more. I know you are a blessing to your team and the children. But surprisingly this trip will probably be more of a blessing to you- when you do God's work.

Jean England